Walk in the Woods

This actually all happened on Sunday, but life has been so hectic since then (as I will insist on buying more books, even though I know full well what chaos it will throw me into) that this is the first chance I've had to upload anything.






Just as I was focusing on the other side of Big Foot Pond, there was a huge splash as the labrador decided she could no longer resist all that lovely water, followed by frantic re-focusings from me to try and get her immortalised at her most otter-ish.



There has been a lot of clearance here: the country park was once an ironstone quarry, and the bit below has been overgrown for years. It now looks a bit like one of the circles of hell (though perhaps that's a bit of a poor analogy as it's distinctly underpopulated by suffering souls).



Whether this is a strange catkin from this year, or a hanger-on from last I do not know, but I like it.

Comments

Unknown said…
I do like seeing your countryside pics. You take some very good photos - good details, or compositions etc.

Well done on getting the labrador swimming: not an easy moment to capture.
Jane Badger said…
Thank you Gillian - yes, the lab moment was a bit frantic!

Popular posts from this blog

Archibald, don't eat the bedclothes

Dick Sparrow - 40 Horse Hitch, and Neil Dimmock's 46 Percherons

The Way Things Were: Pony Magazine in the 1960s