Bonkers Advertising Copy - Joules

Eating my cheese muffin at lunch today I was mulling over the Joules catalogue, as you do, when I came across this:

"One of life's greatest pleasures is a loose fitting shirt pulled overhead."

I can think of a few circumstances where that might be the case, but frankly, in the general scheme of things, isn't your life a bit sad if putting on a shirt is your greatest pleasure in life?

A bulging parcel which you know contains a book being pulled out of the letterbox, on the other hand....

Comments

Val said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Val said…
There is something very exciting and satisfying about a book parcel... (although shirt pullers might think that sad)My favourite local book store (which I just did a quick search for to make sure it's still there)used to wrap your purchase up in brown paper and tie the parcel neatly with string..LOVELY

Popular posts from this blog

Archibald, don't eat the bedclothes

Dick Sparrow - 40 Horse Hitch, and Neil Dimmock's 46 Percherons

The Way Things Were: Pony Magazine in the 1960s